Method Fish fry can be made in the easiest manner possible or could call for different techniques of frying.
You could use readymade store bought fish fry masala or make your own to coat your fish to fry. The frying could get better
if marinated and left for long or could be cooked as soon as coated. South Indian fish fry is famous for its style and
can be done with a handful of ingredients.
There are always exceptions - fine dining experiences are 10 notches above the
regular food and fish fry is not an exception. It`s a variety of ingredients that create the crispy coat. The difference is
that of heaven and earth. While both extremes are delicious in their own styles they are incomparable. It`s always good
to have some fine dining experience at home once in a while because quick and easy fish fry can be done any given day!
In a bowl add all the marinade ingredient and mix well to make a paste.
Coat the fish pieces with this paste and
marinate for at least an hour.
The marinade has lemon juice and curd which will cure the fish to a certain extent hence
don`t fry it too long else it might overcook and be rubbery in texture.
1) Heat the oil till its hot.
2) Slide the fish pieces 2-3 in the first batch without overcrowding.
3) Fry till crispy brown.
4) Remove and place on a kitchen towel or paper napkin.
5) Repeat the process till all pieces are fried and set aside.
6) In the same oil add some finely sliced cabbage & onion and remove on a absorbing paper.
7) Serve the cabbage and onion as a bed.
8) Fry some curry leaves and garlic ensuring the garlic isn`t burnt.
9) Remove on an absorbing paper and sprinkle it on the fried fish as garnish
10) Place some lemon wedges and serve with accompaniment of your choice.
1) You could fry the fish on a hot tawa too if you are a calorie conscious person.
2) Ensure the fish is not cooked for more than 3-4 minutes depending on the size and cut increase or decrease the cooking
time. The last thing you want to eat is an overcooked fish
3) You could make the fry fish in a simpler fashion by just coating it in a mix of chili, coriander, turmeric and ginger
garlic paste with some oil and fry it on tawa. This will not even require a long wait.