Mix all (from # 2 - 12) of the above ingredients in the yogurt and keep for about 10 minutes.
Marinate the chicken and vegetables with the mix for about an hour (as time permits) and store in the refrigerator.
Pierce through the skewers alternate pieces of chicken and vegetable (or for vegetarians arrange alternate vegetables).
Place on a barbecue grill or bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and coat the pieces with the remaining marinade.
Now turn the Oven to 'Broil' for another 5 - 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked and fried well.
1. Boneless skinless Chicken - cut into 1 inch cubes - 1 pound
2. Vegetables: potatoes/ tomatoes/ bell peppers- 2 of each, cut into 1 inch
3. Bamboo Skewers
1. Yogurt- 1/4 cup
2. Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tsp. each
3. Green chilly paste - 1 tsp.
4. Cumin powder- 1 tsp.
5. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
6. Aniseed (Souf in Hindi) - 1 tsp.
7. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
8. Chilly powder to taste
9. Garam masala - 1/4 tsp. (optional)
10.Salt to taste
11.Lime juice - 2 tsp.