The word `chocolate` is enough to set you drooling and your mind is ready to conjure up a number of ways you can eat the treat. If you`d like to try to make some of the delicacies available in the restaurants and stores at home and beat them at it, these recipes are a must-try! Add nuts, increase the cocoa, stir in some cream or sprinkle tutti fruity - use your imagination to make them tastier.
Chocolate fudge with mixed nuts
Dark chocolate - 350g
Condensed milk - 1 can (397g)
Butter - 30 g
Pistachios/Almond/Cashews - 150g chopped (dry roast for extra crunch)
Cocoa powder - little for dusting
1. Combine cashew nuts, almond and pistachio.
Dry roast them in the pan until they are nice and warm. Keep aside for cooling.
2. Once the nuts are cooled chop all the nuts roughly.
3. In the heavy bottom pan/vessel put the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter. Stir them in low heat until everything is melted. Keep an eye on them as chocolate will burn easily.
4. Add the nuts to the melted chocolate condensed milk mixture and stir well to mix.
5. Once they are mixed well. Pour them immediately in the 23 cm square tray. Smooth the top using some spatula, spoon or foil.
6. Let the fudge cool. Refrigerate until set at least for 1 hour. You can then cut it into small pieces.
7. Once cut slightly dust them with Cocoa powder.
8. Store them in the air tight container and refrigerate it