Finger Millet Flour / Ragi Flour: 1 cup
Grated Fresh Coconut: 1 cup
Powdered Jaggery: 1 and 1/2 cups
Melted Ghee: 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar for dusting the burfis
1. Dry roast the finger millet flour until a nice aroma comes out and set aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed vessel, mix the powdered jaggery and water. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the jaggery and allow the jaggery to melt
3. Add the grated coconut and ragi flour to the melted jaggery and mix very well.
4. Stir continuously and keep on adding the ghee little by little.
5. Cook until the mixture starts to leave the sides of wok. Switch off the heat and pour the mixture into the greased tray. Let it cool down completely and cut into pieces.
6. Dust the pieces with powdered sugar and store in a airtight container.
Recipe and image courtesy: Indian cuisine