Bread Slices: 4
Milk : 2 cups
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Saffron : A pinch
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak the saffron in warm milk and set aside.
2. Bring the milk and saffron milk in a heavy bottomed vessel. Boil the milk until it reduces to a thick consistency. This is called rabri. Refrigerate it for sometime.
3. Combine the sugar and little water and boil until the syrup is sticky and thick. Remove from the flame and set aside.
4. Remove the corners of the bread and cut into pieces.
5. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Deep fry the bread pieces until golden brown color and crisp.
6. Soak the fried bread pieces in the sugar syrup for a minute and arrange them in a plate.
7. Pour the rabri over the arranged bread pieces to soak well.
8. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled.
Recipe and image courtesy: Indian cuisine