Jowar - 3/4 cup
Green gram - 1 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Ginger paste - 1/2 tbsp
Green chilli paste - 1/4 tbsp
Oil and salt
1. Wash and soak both Jowar and green gram in water separately for whole night.
2. Pressure cook jowar for 4 to 5 whistles. Once whistle sound is release, drain them in the colander.
3. Cook green gram in boiling water till soft but it should hold its shape. Drain the water.
4. Heat oil in a pan, season with mustard, urad dhal, asafoetida, curry leaves, ginger and green chilli paste.
5. Add cooked jowar and green gram, Mix until they are blended well.
6. Serve piping hot to enjoy the freshness and taste.