Channa all colors - 1/4 cup each
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Lemon - 1 tsp (depending on the sourness of tomato adjust the sourness of lemon)
Coriander - few for garnishing
Turmeric - little (optional)
Shredded Coconut - 2 tsp
Oil and salt
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Green chilli - 4 or as required
Saunf - 1 tsp(optional)
1. Soak the channa overnight. And pressure cook by adding salt.
2. Drain the water which can be used for making rasam which is so so tasty.
3. Now heat oil in the pan, add mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
4. Now add the asafoetida, onion and saute till it turns transparent.
5. Now add the ground paste and turmeric.
6. Add the channa and lemon juice, add salt.
7. Add the coconut, mix well so that the masala is well blended, garnish with chopped coriander.