1 cup - poha, thick or thin variety
1/2 cup - peanuts
4 tbsp - jaggery, powdered or syrup (just mix with water)
1 tbsp - coconut (optional)
1 tsp - cardamom powder
Ghee- just to shape them
1. Soak poha in water for 5 mins, drain water and keep aside.
2. Dry roast peanuts on a tawa until they turn light brown.
3. Peel off skin and blend it with poha to a coarse mixture resembling breadcrumb texture.
4. Add jaggery, coconut, cardamom powder and grind it once again just to combine everything.
5. NOTE: Add jaggery water little by little to avoid the dough from becoming watery.
6. Make them into small balls or any shape of your choice.
7. Add ghee while shaping them to prevent them from sticking to your hands.