- Pressure cook mochai and peas with enough water. They should only be half cooked not mushy. The number of whistles for pressure cooking depends on the variety of beans and peas either frozen or fresh.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds allow it to splutter.Now add onions, green chillies and crushed garlic. Fry till onions are light browned.
- Add boiled peas and mochai to it and mix well. Now add sambar,aniseed, chilli powder and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle water and cook with lid closed for 5 mins. By now the masalas would have coated well with the veggies.
- Turn over and stir once. Allow it to get roasted a little for 2-3 mins.Switch off and garnish with coriander leaves.
If its fresh beans and peas then 1 whistle would be enough if its frozen it will take around 5-7 whistles, take care not to make them mushy.