Small Eggplant - 5 or 6 diced into small cubes. (If you are using big eggplant just 1 is enough)
Onions - 1/2 cup chopped finely
Green chillies - 3 sliced
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Tumericpowder - 1/4 tsp
Chilled yogurt - 1 1/2cup
1. In a glass bowl, add oil, turmeric powder and the chopped eggplant.
2. Microwave for 5 minutes or until the eggplant is soft or cooked.
3. Remove and keep in a serving dish. Let it cool.
4. Add the chopped salt, onions, coriander leaves, and green chillies and mix well. Keep aside for 1/2hr.
5. Before serving, add the chilled yogurt, more salt if needed and the tadka/tempering.
6.Heat 1/4 tsp of oil add mustard, jeera, coriander powder and Red chilli powder.
7. Add this to the yogurt mixture.
8. Serve with hot rotis, pulao, or Kichidis....