1. Soak omam in warm water for 30 minutes and grind with little water.
2. Strain and keep the water aside.
3. Melt butter. Keep aside.
4. combine all other ingredients (except oil).
5. Add melted butter and strained omam water.
6. Prepare the dough similar to chapathi dough.Sprinkle a little water, if needed.
7. Grease Idiappam presser with oil.
8. Stuff the dough inside the presser.
9. Heat oil and squeeze the dough directly on the oil.
10.Once fried, remove and drain excess oil on kitchen towel.
11. Store in an airtight container.