It's holiday season! Here are a range of recipes from the pineapple and ginger beer punch to rice krispie chocolate bites to make at home. Enjoy these treats with your friends and family and have a very merry Christmas!
Hung yoghurt salad
The Hung yoghurt salad is a fantastic example of the classic Indian salad - light, fresh, healthy and just beautiful. This makes a great lunch-box filler for a day out.
Hung yoghurt - 200grams
Carrots - 100 grams
Cucumber - 100 grams
Ripe Tomato - 1 large
Lettuce Leaves - for base and decoration
Chat Masala - 1/2tsp
Salt - to taste
1. To prepare hung yoghurt line a colander or strainer with 2 layers of cheese cloth. Pour in the yoghurt and leave it aside for about 3 - 4 hours. Hung youghurt is ready.
2. Cut the carrots, cucumber and tomatoes into small 1/2 x 1/2 inch cubes as in the photograph.
3. Mix together with yoghurt, salt and chat Masala (gives a tangy taste).
4. Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce.
5. Enjoy at barbecue parties!