While it is common to cook with a lot of spices, simplistic fare also has its place in Indian cooking. A number of dishes can be prepared with minimal spices that bring out the natural taste of the vegetables and also make them healthier. Here, we bring you some simple Indian sabzi recipes..
1 big capsicum
1 big onion
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp kasoori methi
1 tsp oil for sabzi
150g oil for deep frying potato
1 tsp chilli sauce and tomato sauce
1/2 tsp red food colour
1. Chop all the vegetables into big chunks.
2. First deep fry the potato and keep aside.
3. In a kadai, fry onion, capsicum and tomato till well cooked.
4. Now add fried potato, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and mix well.
5. After 5 minutes, add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and kasoori methi and mix well.
6. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add some tomato sauce, chilli sauce and food colour and mix well.
8. Your delicious sabji is done.
9. Serve hot with roti or paratha.
Recipe and image courtesy: Ramya Ganesh