Mushrooms are a unique and delicious vegetable. Due its low fat and carbohydrate content, mushroom is an ideal protein food for heart health and diabetes. Mushrooms can be stored for a long time after drying. Edible mushrooms contain 47.93% protein, 4.10% fat and 9.5% minerals and is far superior to other sources of protein like meat, fish, egg and soyabeans.
Medicinal mushrooms can help prevent and treat cancer, benefit people with heart disease, strengthen immune function, provide nourishment to the eyes and digestive system and heal skin ailments.
Try some of our delectable recipes
Potato mushroom curry
Potato - 2 peel the skin and cut to medium cubes
Onion - 1 sliced
Mushroom - 2 cups chop into 6 pieces
Mutter - 1 cup
Coriander - 1 bunch chopped finely
Garam masala - 1 tbsp
Chilli powder - as required
Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in the frying pan. Add the onion, saute for few seconds.
2. Add the potato, mushroom, peas and add the chilli and garam masala.
3. Divide the coriander to 2 portions. one portion add to the veggies.
4. Add salt and saute it for few seconds.
5. Now add water so that the veggies should be immersed 3/4th.
6. Close with lid 3/4 th and let it cook until all the water is absorbed.
7. Now add the remaining coriander and dollop of butter serve hot with roti and rice.