Soya nuggets or soya chunks are a good source of protein for vegetarians. They are rich in fibre which helps reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body. Soya chunks are also high in omega-3 fatty acids which decrease the risk of coronary heart disease.
Here`s a selection of delectable soya chunks recipes to help you make it a part of your daily meal.
Soya Chunks Kurma
Soya chunks - 20-25 balls
Ginger garlic paste - 2tsp
Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
Oil - as required
Salt - to taste
Chili powder - 2 tsp / add as per taste
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
1. Soak soya chunks in hot water for 30 minutes, then wash it in cold water 3-4 times each time draining the water from the soya to get rid of the smell.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Saute the soya for 3 mins and keep it aside.
3. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and saute till golden brown and add the sauted soya.
4. Add the ground paste, add a cup of water if it is too thick.
5. Add chilli powder, salt and garam masala.
6. Cook till oil separates and switch off stove.
7. Serve hot with rotis!