A paste made of besan with curd applied to the face removes excess oil and is also said to improve skin tone. Use besan to wash your hair after a long journey to cleanse and soften it.
Bengal gram is combined with sugar and ghee in a number of ways to make different sweet preparations like burfis and halwas.
1/2 cup - gram flour
1 cup - sugar
3/4 cup - ghee
1. Sift gram flour to make sure there are no lumps.
2. Take sugar in a deep pan.
3. Add very little water (about 1/4 cup) just enough to coat the sugar and heat.
4. When the sugar forms 1 string consistency (when you place a drop of sugar syrup between your forefinger and your thumb and pull apart gently, single thread is formed. < br>
5. It will take 7-8 minutes approximately on medium flame), add the flour and stir continuously.
6. Add ghee gradually. < br>
7. After 2 minutes, the mixture will absorb all ghee and start to leave the sides of the pan.
8. Transfer it immediately to a greased plate and spread it evenly with a flat spatula.
9. Don`t let the mixture cook for too long. It will crumble.
10. Cut into desired shapes when still hot.
Recipe & image courtesy: http://spicesetc.blogspot.com/