3 cups - firm tofu, grated
1 - red onion
1 cup - bell peppers (red,yellow and green mix for color)
1 - tomato
1/2 cup - peas
1/4 cup - tomato puree
2 to 3 - green chillies to taste
1/2 tsp - garam masala
1/4 tsp - cumin seeds
1/4 tsp - turmeric
1 tsp - ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp - coriander-cumin powder
Salt to taste
A few sprigs - cilantro for garnish
1. Place the grated tofu in a bowl. Make sure there is no water in them.
2. Add the spices (garam masala + turmeric + ginger garlic paste + coriander-cumin powder) along with sliced chilli, 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil/vegetable oil and cilantro.
3. Use your hands to toss them together until blended. Set aside covered for about 15-20 min.
4. In a skillet, add onions with little salt.
5. The salt will let out some water from the onions helping it to cook faster esp. in the absence of oil.
6. You can add oil too if you want. Add cumin seeds - let it cook for another 1 min.,
7. Add the bell peppers and tomato and cook for another 2 min until they get soft.
8. Add the puree and cook until the raw smell of the puree goes away . Add the tofu and stir for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Serve warm garnished with cilantro.