One important reason for dieters to fail in their weight loss plan is the fact that they eat out on work days; the excuse being lack of time to put together an elaborate lunch. But, what can be easier than putting together simple ingredients to make wholesome sandwiches that keep you feeling full while taking care of your nutrition needs. So, we bring a list of hassle-free sandwiches that you can pack to work.
Chatpata masala sandwich
Ingredients for potato filling:
Potato - 1 large (boiled, peeled, mashed along with small pieces)
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder -1/4 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1/4 tsp roast in dry pan and crush it
Oil for sauteing the mixture - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method for potato filling:
1. Heat oil in the pan; add cumin seeds.
2. Add the mashed potato and add the garam Masala powder and red chilli powder.
3. Give a nice toss until well blended.
4. Now crushed coriander seeds.
5. Let the mixture cool.
Ingredients for mint chutney:
Mint leaves- 1/2 bunch
Coriander leaves-1/4 bunch
Garlic - 1 pod
Ginger - 1/4 inch
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Salt as required
Method for mint chutney:
1. Blend everything in the blender using little water to make thick paste.
You can refrigerate the extra chutney in the fridge for 7 days.
1. Grill 3 the bread by applying little butter or spraying little oil nice and crisp.
2. Apply bread with the thin layer of potato filling, sprinkle some finely chopped onion.
3. Sprinkle some Sev/Ompodi followed with Coriander leaves. Squeeze some ketchup.
3. Top with other bread and follow the same 2nd point again.
4. Take one more bread apply the Mint Chutney. Close the second bread.
5. Grill it again just for a couple of second as the onion and coriander should not be cooked.
6. Take it out cut to into 2 triangles; serve it by sprinkling some chaat masala.