Method Popular in the Asian countries like Thailand, China, Japan - fried rice is an easy-to-make versatile dish. Also considered as
an all rounder, the fried rice varies in its presentation and use of ingredients from one region to another. Chinese fried
rice is popular and several versions of it are available as street food or in fast food joints in India, China and Thailand.
Each fried rice recipe holds a specific set of ingredients which add to the flavour of that particular fried rice. Some fried rice dishes are sticky while others are stir fried.
The Chinese use Jasmine rice instead of long
grain rice for their preparation of fried rice.
What stands out best about fried rice is, it can be prepared with left over meat,
vegetables and rice and yet, turn into a scrumptious meal.
Cut the vegetables in similar fashion - either dice them all in same size or cut them in thin slices.
Soak the long grain rice and cook till it`s par boiled.
Make sure the rice is still a bit raw as it would get cooked
again during the frying process.
If the rice is cooked completely in the initial stages it would become sticky and the
fried rice won`t be appealing.
1) In a heavy bottom wok add oil and heat.
2) Saute onions, julienne ginger, garlic and keep stirring till caramelized and brown
3) Add the beans, carrot, cabbage, sprouts, mushrooms and choice vegetables one by one and saute.
4) Add the sauces & white wine vinegar and mix. If adding meat, add it now and fry.
5) To the prepared mixture add long grain rice. Give a gentle mix to ensure the mixture is well incorporated in the rice.
6) Remove from heat and serve garnished with spring onions and accompaniments of your choice.
1) You could add egg or boneless meat to make a non-vegetarian version of fried rice
2) Leeks can be over powering in taste hence keep its ratio a lot lesser than the other ingredients.
3) Garlic chives are the green leafy growth from the garlic pod very similar to spring onions.
4) You could omit all the sauces while cooking and just add the seasoning and that would give you another style of fried
5) If using egg always scramble it separately and then mix to the rice in order to ensure visibility. If you add it directly
to the rice it would become gooey and make the rice sticky and wouldn`t even show.