Method Be it a rainy or sunny day, dull or active day, a bowl of soup can make the sick healthy and the healthy, super healthy. A
modest bowl of warm soup made at home also makes for an ideal comfort food. You could eat it in a rustic style as it is with
different vegetables showcasing themselves or simply blend them to a puree and strain in a colander and serve with a swirl
of cream accompanied with crispy garlic bread. From rustic to fine dining this vegetable soup can be impeccable in taste if
the choice of vegetables put togetehr is right. Choosing the right vegetables to go in your vegetable soup is key to the soup
tasting good. While it`s time consuming only during the preparing, the cooking process is hardly anything.
1) Soak the peas for 2-3 hours.
1) Pressure cook all the vegetables with little sal and watert, except leeks. Do not over cook the vegetable. It should be
just cooked yet firm to touch.
2) In a deep bottom pan add some butter and oil and saute onion. Caramelize till goldden brown with sugar.
3) Add all the vegetables along with stock, and stir well.
4) Add all the sauces and stir well again.
5) Add the tomato puree and stir again. Add the leeks and stir till the stock comes to a boil.
6) Add all the seasoning and stir well.
7) Mix water and cornflour and make a runny batter.
8) To the simmering vegetable add the cornflour and stir well.
9) The soup will thicken a bit and once the flavors have sunk in the soup is ready.
10) Serve hot, garnish with coriander and spring onions accompanied with croutons.
1) Add capsicum toward the end to retain its colour and prevent it from losing its crunch.
2) you can make your own sprouts by soaking moong dal overnight or more. Keep it in a dry place. A day or two later you`d see
it sprout. Store it in a air tight container inside fridge. It will stay good for a week.
3) Vegetable stock adds more to the flavor instead of water. You could use store bought stock or simply make it at home. To a
mix of finely diced vegetables- carrot, celery, leeks, mushroom, beans add 4 glasses of water and bring to boil with a pinch
of salt. Once boiled strain the mixture in a colander. Viola! you have your own home made stock.
4) You could substitute blended tomato instead of puree too. In a blender blend 2-3 tomatoes along with some mint leaves and
add it to the soup.
5) It`s best to avoid potato in this soup as it will be an odd blend with the rest of the soup elements.