Method Be it kids or adults - everyone loves a good, hearty cake. It`s faux pas that eggless cakes don`t match up to the standards of an eggy cake. Egg haters can binge on eggless cake that`s as decadent and delicious as its counterpart. As a matter of fact it`s the addition of fruits and yogurt that make it healthier and a tastier snack.
Butter and eggs are considered the king elements of cake and it`s a mindset problem more than an acceptance problem that eggless cake can taste better than eggy cakes.
Eggless cakes can be a bit dense if oil is substituted for butter.
Pre heat the oven to 200 degree centigrade
Grease a 9 inch baking tin round or square. Place a baking sheet and keep aside.
Soak flax seed in water for 5 minutes and make a paste by grinding. if buying a powder just dissolve in water and keep aside
1) With a hand blender or blender jar add the sugar (if using granulated). Powder it down till fine.
2) Add the butter and beat with the sugar till creamy.
3) Add the curd and blend till creamy and frothy. Add the vanilla extract and blend again.
4) Add the baking soda and blend and leave till you see bubbles on the liquid surface. Add banana and blend again till completely mashed
5) Sieve through the dry ingredients two to three times to remove any lumps.
6) Gradually fold in the liquid to the dry ingredients till you get a lump free batter. Do not mix rigorously.
7) Transfer the batter to the cake tin and bake at 200 degree centigrade for approximately 35-40 minutes.
8) Insert a long needle or toothpick to check if the cake is done.
9) Once done remove and let it cool.
10) Flip it over a plate and release the cake from the bake tin.
11) Spread the frosting and garnish with banana roundels accompanied with vanilla ice cream.
1) You could substitute watermelon pulp, apple sauce for banana.
2) Do not open the oven door often to check on the cake, This hampers the baking temperature and could impact the rising of the cake.
3) You can substitute vegetable oil for butter if you do not want the cake to be too rich.
4) Do not over mix the wet and dry ingredients and make sure the wet ingredients are prepared first followed by the dry ingredients as baking powder will lose its effect and hence not let the cake rise.
5) You could halve the flour using 1 cup maida and 1 cup whole wheat flour if you are health conscious.
Time taken: Prep time - 15 mins, bake time - 30mins - 40mins